The year is over in less than a week…whew! I don’t know about you but my 2018 was bananas. Such a mix of blessings, adventure, grief and anxiety. 2018 has been one of my most professionally successful years ever. I served a lot of people and made a healthy income.
I know that my personal struggles could have dragged me down and slowed my work to a crawl. The reason everything didn’t fall apart in my roughest moments? I had a flexible plan. Knowing what I needed to do when kept me from being overwhelmed. I only had to do the one thing I said I would do and my goals would slowly be achieved. That’s exactly what happened.
My clients who’ve worked with me for a few years know that I’m particular about my planning. I treat it as a ritualized process and I’m intentional about every step. After clearing my mind and preparing my work space, I do some deep reflection before I start my plan. Then I mindfully craft my strategy….
REFLECT ON 2018
I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling a bit battle scarred from the past couple of years. Frankly, my optimistic outlook on life is clouded with doubt and frustration.
This year has been a mixed bag for me, and that’s okay. Life is tumultuous!
What I know is that I need to take some time to unpack the mixed bag. I need perspective. I need closure. I need to understand myself more deeply.
So do you…
Use these guiding questions to take stock of 2018:
- What were my biggest successes this year?
- What did I do to ensure that success?
- Who helped me? How did they help me?
- What obstacles did I encounter and how did I overcome them?
- What were my setbacks/challenges/failures this year?
- How did I contribute to them?
- What can I do differently next time?
- Who can I call on to help or support me when I face a similar obstacle?
- What helped me do my best work in 2018?
- What distracted me or derailed my work in 2018?
- I felt my best when…
- I felt my worst when…
- If I were going to describe 201 in one word or phrase it would be…
Reflective activities are SO powerful! Diving into 2019 without reflecting on 2018 is a mistake. Take time over the next few weeks to ponder or journal on these questions and see where they take you.
Before the year starts and you are sprinting off to do all the things, get intentional about what you want out of the coming year.
You cannot create the life and feelings you want if you don’t slow down to ask yourself.Get specific.
Here are a few guiding questions:
- How do I want to feel in 2019?
- What choices can I make to generate those feelings?
- How can I empower myself in 2019?
- How can I support others in 2019?
- What do I want to do with my body?
- How do I want to show up for my people?
- How do I want to show up for myself?
- Where do I want to go in 2019?
- Who are the five people I want to spend the most time with?
- What can I choose to let go of in 2019?
- What will letting go make space for in my life?
Mull these questions over. Write down the answers because everything you need to know is right there.
Set your intentions. Declare them out loud. Do the work. Give yourself grace.
MAKE A PLAN
You can’t kick butt in 2019 if you don’t have a plan. All the positive intentions in your mind are worthless without a plan to transform your thoughts into actions.
That is where it can get tricky, though.
How do you know what to prioritize?
What if there’s literally not enough time for everything you want to do?
How can you take all of these swirling ideas and turn them into a list of 2018 accomplishments?
Come to the 2019 Virtual Planning Retreat on January 6th!
At the retreat…
- Guided reflection on 2018, both professional and personal.*
- Establish a guiding word or phrase for 2019.
- Identify top priorities for 2019.
- Make a realistic assessment of your current time obligations.
- Develop a flexible strategy for the next 90 days.
- Email support while you work on your plan.
For an investment of only $97 you get my personal guidance LIVE for three full hours! I normally charge $120 per hour so this rate is a steal. Be sure to book now because spaces are limited. I want to offer personal attention to the people who are on the call live.
I’m just SO excited to support your launch into 2019. You deserve to have a spectacular year. I’d be honored to help you do it.