Have you noticed that the blog has slowed down a little bit over the past few months? There is a very good reason for that…
I’m writing a book!
This is one of those bucket list items that was a must-do for me. I have stories to share. I have big ideas. I have a network of people who deserve to be heard and I want to amplify their voices. Now is the time to make it happen.
What I’ve realized is that, while I love to write, I don’t have a whole book and weekly blog posts in me. I don’t have the time or inspiration for both. The book matters, so I’m switching up the blog a little bit.
Here are the two big changes:
- More Live Video: You are going to see my face and hear my voice a lot more in the coming months! People tell me that they love engaging with me live, so I’m listening to the feedback and doing more video to make our interactions more interpersonal. Be sure to join the Montessori Leadership Facebook Group so you don’t miss out on the action!
- More Guest Bloggers: Remember that awesome series of posts by Razan Abdin-Adnani? I’m going to bring you more voices from educators and leaders in the field! Do you or someone you know have an idea to share or story to tell? Click here to see the details for submitting guest blog posts.
Want to know a little bit more about the book? Here are the details:
- Working Title: BOLD School Leadership – Visionary Strategy for the Future of Education
- Approximately twenty chapters total, fifteen of which are written (until an editor shreds them, that is).
- Sections called “BOLD Voices” will feature first-person stories and opinions from people working in education.
- The book will be a combination of my personal stories and the practical advice and humor you’ve come to appreciate on this blog.
- The overarching message is one of self-love and personal grace paired with a fierce call to action to get strategic and start advocating for access and inclusion for all humans in the education diaspora.
When will you see this book? The truth is, I don’t know. My goal is to get it published through a traditional publishing house. This could take one to three years, depending on a variety of factors. I’m doing the work because I believe in this project. It will make educational leadership better. Be patient…I’m nurturing it to life for you!
How can you help? There are many ways you can be a part of bringing this book to the world!
The biggest thing is growing my online reach. Most publishers want to see a robust following on social media and strong engagement on websites. When I send my pitch to publishers, they will want to know how many people “follow” me, visit my website, and share my blog posts.
- Follow me on Twitter: @VegucationMama
- Follow me on Instagram: @VegucationMama
- Connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rbfast/
- Join the FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/montessorileadership
After we get connected, start thinking about who you know that might genuinely benefit from the Bee Line community. Share with them and invite them to join!
- Share your favorite blog posts on social media.
- Invite your friends to download free resources.
- Encourage people to join the Montessori Leadership facebook group.
- Notify your colleagues when I’m speaking at an event or conference.
The bigger my reach is, the more people I can help and the more likely a publisher will
bring this book into the world!
Finally, you can send potential guest contributors my way. I intend to compensate contributors for their time and have a contract and details ready to share. If you or someone you know might be interested in contributing to the book, please FOLLOW THIS LINK to complete an application and learn more.
This whole book thing is only possible because of you. Thank you for reading, subscribing, hiring me, downloading my resources, sharing my posts, sending me thank you emails, and attending my workshops. I know that this book will be useful because you have taught me what you need and how you think. You’ve shared your values and spoken your truth.
Your courage gives me courage.
What are your BOLD Leadership qualities?
Take the BOLD Leadership self-assessment and find out today!
- Broad Knowledge
- Buoyancy & Adaptability
- Open to Diverse Perspectives
- Levity & Humanity
Find out what makes you BOLD!